Originally Posted by inky
In K, DD was crying because she was taking the test and was the last one finished. The other kids had left to their next subject, but she was still answering questions. When she looked up and realized she was the only one left, she thought she'd done something wrong. frown

Oh My! Poor Thing! And folks say that being the 'fastest' doesn't get reinforced at school because babies are to young to understand what 'finishing first' means. NOT - this proves it. Were you able to explain to her that with this particular test the one who finishes last, finishes best. Super news about the Mult and Division. I think that gives you some hope that she did really really well, yes?

I agree with 'not written means it didn't happen' which is why I included a 'thanks for the phone call step' to be put in writing. I understand that we all have various strengths and weaknesses, I tend to forget that...opps. I still think a brief phone call to ask 'who' you should address the letter to would be in order. You don't have to go into the whole story, just ask them to help you. I called MAP when I first heard of them, and the person I spoke to sounded really interested and pleased to hear from me. 'N of 1' which is how we say: Your milage may vary!

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com