MON -- I work with developmentally disabled adults daily in my job -- the correct term is "retarded." laugh

Originally Posted by jbr3610
I just can't help but feel that we are not all focusing on the same issues. My husband put it well when he said " They want to fix him to make him fit in, and I want to find out if this is who he really is, and if so, then I don't want to change him."

I think you hit the nail on the head here. You're right -- they're seeing social issues and that's it; from where they're sitting, they see an average kid with social struggles. From the teacher's point of view, he's doing fine in his classes, As and Bs are great! So why delve deeper on the academic front, since he's doing "fine"? Obviously there is so much more to it from *our* POV, but from her seat, academically there's no problem.

I think you may want to schedule a meeting and explain to exactly what you wrote here -- tactfully. smile Because if you're on different pages, which it sounds like you are, you'll never get anywhere helpful.

Good luck.

Mia