My son is almost 8.
He has few keyboard skills. his handwriting is excellent.

I will be taking him to a language therapist to help address the issues- , but in the meantime in school he is struggling with the language arts. Not able to get the info on paper.
He just comes home and tells me he hate the language arts, and his work comes home with big circles where it is incomplete. It wasnt until he IEP meeting when I realized that they had the SPED person observe him doing this type of assignment (because they have some awareness of an issue, I assume). He asked for addional time and still produced the least of the entire class.

His teacher is new, not tenured and - I suspect- not willing to make waves. I am trying to get an advocate, I have notified the superintendant.

The IEP meeting was unusual (for me anyway) because the language evaluation was extremely well done, but the therapist failed to explain exactly what in her findings indicated a real problem. Soon after, I had a private speech person looked at the report and she showed me the red flags--which were completely unmentioned in the IEP meeting. The private person explained that the denial of IEP services were unjustified and why.

Who should be the "go to" person that aught to have knowledge of 2E in the schools? Is this some sort of new and foreign concept?

Thanks