Hope that title didn't sound worse than it is...
My ds8 is in 3rd grade in a pretty good ps system, with a nice pullout gt program that he participates in.
There are at least 4 other kids in the program just in his class; I think they might have grouped them in a little cluster or two in each grade for solidarity - if it was an accident it certainly has been a happy one!

On the other hand, some of the kids in the class have told ds that they, too, ought to be in the class, or said that he should not be. There have been some other comments apparently but I am not getting a ton of details. The couple of boys that ds has mentioned are, by chance, pretty big guys. DS is not small for his size, but he is a July birthday so younger.
So far it just sounds like rudeness but I don't want it to get worse.

I asked to find out if he brought the subject up or if the kids just noticed that a small group exit the classroom from time to time...they just noticed from what I could gather.

I am wondering who else has run into this and what if anything I can tell ds. For now I have just told him to downplay it. If it comes up I said to be very careful to not sound like you are bragging. And, if someone thinks they should be in the gt program, to tell them they should speak with their parents about applying for it.

Ideas?
thanks