My eldest is 4.5 years old. Despite her young age many of the anecdotes on the page brought a "been there done that" smile to my lips. She has received comments ranging from "You're not old enough to know/do X" or a variation "you only think you know/understand, but you don't. You're too little." (resulting in her going underground and feeling there was someting wrong with her)to "that's just plain freakish" to "no child is ready to know X; you must be hothousing her" to "stop pushing her and let her have a normal childhood" - I could go on, but you get the idea.

Oh and one last from her preschool teacher (parent/teacher conference)when my DD was 3, "I admit she does seem very advanced, but she's going to have to work at the same level as everyone else. She's going to have to learn to be bored. Have you considered limiting her access to things like books and games in your home? So she has something to look forward to during school." (This was a half-day program my DD attend twice per week.) We are now happily home schooling.