My 12yo ds took the ACT a couple of weeks ago. I signed him up hoping he'd qualify for some of the on-line learning programs available through places like Duke TIP or JHU CTY as we've been having no joy with school for a while & I wanted a back-up plan. I sprung it on him at the last minute & he had done absolutely zero prep, so I was a little concerned as to how he'd go, especially given his continuing downward spiral in the school engagement stakes.

Well, don't we underestimate them! wink He ended up with a respectable 24 composite, and managed a 30 for English! Maths (which he insists he's no good at) 23, Science 22 & the only glitch was his Reading score at 19 where he completely bummed out on the Arts/Literature subtest (it'll be interesting to get the full results & see what happened there.)

Needless to say I'm proud as punch of him. smile They may not be the most stellar scores, but hey, the kid did it cold and he's not renowned for being great with timed tests. They're certainly enough to qualify for any of the programs I had in mind.

Thanks for letting me share � no-one around here (Aust) would know what ACT scores meant, even if I did feel comfortable discussing his results. One more reason this board is such a wonderful resource! grin