My daughter turned 3 on July 1st. I know she is advanced, but I often wonder if she is gifted. She isn't old enough to test and I'm not terrible concerened with her being labeled "gifted". I'm curious as to know if my hunch is correct and that would lead me to testing. Here is a summary of Isabel that makes me think she's advanced. She began babbling before 2 months old. She smiled at 3 weeks and I noticed in most of her baby pictures, she's look right at the camera. She said her first word "Olga" at 5 months. She could wave "bye-bye" at 8 months and said "dada" and "mama". She was a late crawler and didn't walk on her own until 15 months. Those are the only milestones she hit late. She could name all her facial body parts at 14 months and said their names. At 15 months, she could ackwardly put the shapes in their correct spots on a peg puzzle. She could put the circle, square, star, and square in their correct spost and probably could have done this earlier, but wasn't exposed to a shape sorter until about 16 months. She absolutely loves books and tries to "read" on her own. She can spell a couple of words and sight read a couple of words. She knows all the colors, and learned the colors of the rainbow in order yesterday(including indigo). She knows the months of the year and can name most of the days of the week. She knows the names of the planets and will say them in order most of the time. She knows our address and phone #. She can recognize every upper case/lower case letter and it's sound. She has a vocabulary of at least 3800 words and speaks in adult lenght sentences(just not with an adult clearity or grammer). She uses many big words. She learned to pedal her bike after 3 tries and control the computer mouse after 2 tries. She can count to 40 most of the time and recognizes #'s 0-10 and some double digit #'s. She knows the basic shapes as well as a heart, diamond, pentagon, hexagon, trapazoid, rectangular prism, pyramid, cone, cube, and cylinder. She loves doing patterns and can do some simple addition in her head. She can do addition and subtraction when I write out a problem for her. Most of the things she learns, she learns after seeing it a few times. She also asks to work on most herself and we will quit once she doesn't want to do it anymore.