Thanks for the suggestions. Grinity - dd4 does make up stories quite often, but she usually ends it with something like, "but don't talk to so& so about that because it isn't true or I made that part up." She cracks me up. Today she tried to tell me the substitute teacher had them practicing diving in a bucket of water in the classroom but quickly mentioned that it was a made up story. On the other hand, I don't want to completely discount what she says, especially knowing what we all know about some teachers being very uninformed and yet opinionated about student acceleration.

master of none - I'm so sorry you had to go through that with ds! It must have been horrible for you all. I hope ds has a teacher that's worthy of him now. I love the sample conversation you gave me. I'm going to write it down and approach her just like that, very subtle and non-confrontational, yet gets straight to the heart of the issue - brilliant! Thank you! BTW, they do get a 20 minute lay down rest pd. which played into our decision to start her in K early. I have definitely given positive feedback to teacher also, but I don't feel like I've had enough communication with her. Maybe I'll start emailing her from time to time after we meet.

Thanks again! It always helps to run these things by people that have "been there, done that".