I'm sorry, OHG. frown It sounds like a difficult situation. How likely is it that the teacher might work with you for some differentiation? Aside from the GT program, is he getting anything geared to GT kids in the regualr classroom right now, or is it all afterschool? How long is the daily GT program, what subject(s) is it, and is that working for him?

I think the fact is that virtually every HG+ kid needs some special services during school hours. It might be a grade skip (though I think you're right to be a bit wary of it in his case, given what he's been through and where he's come from. You don't want to endanger all that emotional progress he's made), it might be in-class differentiation of regular assignments, or it might be independent work during school time, like Aleks or Singapore Math at the back of the class. But I think it sounds like your GS needs more. 7-ish hours is a long time to be bored, day in and day out. To some extent, I'm with you on learning to deal because life isn't a party, but there are limits to what a kid should have to tolerate.

I think he needs more, one way or another. I don't know if that opinion helps you at all, but that's what I see...

I'm thinking un-bored thoughts for him! smile

Kriston