Yeah, we've got those Bimmers and Lexuses (what's the plural of Lexus -- Lexi?) in our parking lot. I drive my VW Rabbit in and park, and sneak out. smile

The private school where ds6 goes is $15K a year ... and no, I don't really "fit in" with many of the parents there (age and money both). But I've found a few. And really, ds fits in, so it's not that big a deal. Lots of kids say hi to him as we walk past, and that's enough for me. And he just started, so I think as time goes on, the appearances will count for less and the kids will count for more. I'm less concerned about me fitting in and happier that ds is fitting in.

At his school, all parents are expected to contribute to the "annual fund" on top of tuition, whatever they can afford. I can tell you that our contribution is going to be about $75! That's what we can afford, really, and that's what they'll get. I feel a little bad, but I also know that there are families there that can and do contribute a lot more on top of tuition.

Anyway, it is good that you're looking around. There's a local GT Saturday program where we are that ds did last spring and it was *great* for him, he loved it. Those things can make all the difference, just a chance to meet with kids that are more like him.

Mia