Thank you. Is the therapy expensive? I doubt that our insurance will pay for it. We are on a very limited budget.

I read some info about it online but I still don't really understand how it would improve muscle tone, balance and coordination, which is what my son needs help with the most, especially since he never seemed to have any trouble with hearing.

One article I read said children with motor delays physically can hardly listen, or it requires a tremendous effort that cannot be maintained for more than a few seconds or minutes. This does not seem to fit my son. He had gross motor and fine motor delays when he was younger but his learning style has always been slightly more auditory than visual. He can listen to the news and remember more than a lot of adults can. He was able to sing on key earlier than a lot of kids and has done musical theater since he was four. He has been taking piano since he was five and he can listen to a note played on the piano and then hours later match that note with his voice from memory. I can't even do this. I am always slightly off. It bothers him when people sing off key.

The only kind of therapy my son had was vision therapy and that did help him. His eyes would get tired and lose focus. When he had just turned seven he could only read about a paragraph before he would start losing his place, so he had to read with his finger under the words. The piano teacher had to point to where he was in the piano book or he would lose his place. She noticed a difference after the vision therapy. His handwriting improved also. He still can't write more than a couple of paragraphs before his hands get tired (he has hypotonia) but it is so much better than it used to be.

If I thought the listening therapy would help him as much with his coordination and muscle tone, then I would have to find a way to do it.

Thanks again and please keep us updated on your son's progress when he does the listening therapy.