Ianfan.... I certainly wasn't offended! I don't think anyone else was.....I just wanted to offer another perspective. smile

I agree with everything you're saying here. Just because the administrators tell you how brilliant all the children are, doesn't make it exactly so.

A lot of people come to the board saying that their admistrator, upon receipt of a super high IQ score, such as your DD's, tell the parent: "Not to worry, we have tons of kids like that at our school(pat, pat). We know what we are doing."

And you might find if you start advocating, that you might hear something like this: "Well, there are children here that are even SMARTER than YOUR daughter."
-disclaimer-don't start borrowing trouble, you may never hear this. smile

It just seems like I've heard so many parents report that they have been told that, I've become convinced it's in some administrator handguide somewhere. Meant to get parents to "simmer down"!

Ianfan, just be careful and make sure you really want to peer behind the curtain. It seems like you are picking up some unfortunate subtleties of the system very quickly(hmmm,,,,wonder where she gets it from?)
You might not love what you see.