I met with the teacher last week and voiced our concerns about ds and how easy the work was for him. How long should I wait before seeing some evidence of differentiation? The completed work being sent home shows no evidence nor does the homework. At the very least I was hoping she would pull aside ds and assess his reading ability and substitute a better fit. But he still has the rhyming book from three weeks ago that was sent home. When I asked him about the library and if he checked a book out she told him not to go above a 1.5. confused Ds is more than happy to pick a 1.5 level because it means he can ace the AR test and please her. I told her that I wanted him to be challenged and to please be aware he will try to dumb himself down to gain acceptance and praise.

I am grasping for straws looking for any effort on her part to address ds's academic needs. Even a note sent home or email letting me know she was thankful for our meeting and is working on it. Am I asking too much since it was only a week ago? Part of me hopes I am, because dh wants a grade skip to be immediate if this isn't working out so I am feeling some pressure.

Last edited by xoxosmom; 09/19/08 11:26 AM.