From our conversation with Dr. Ruf, she briefly mentioned her son and the acting. She did comment that his participation in acting allowed for the flexible schooling and free tutoring he needed. Her point during our conversation was that the individualized education he needed in terms of learning at his own pace and focusing on his interests was available because of that experience. She did seem to indicate that it was a factor in having him involved in that activity. She was trying to impress upon us the possibilities that exist for providing education and how some kids don't need traditional schooling at all. At least that's what I got out of the conversation.

If I recall correctly from her book, the other two kids are both GT and pretty GT at that but the middle kiddo is the profoundly gifted one. I believe she writes in the book that she knew he was "different" when his skills and/or knowledge surpassed that of his older brother. But don't quote me on that one. She just had that realization that he was over the top early on.