Hi folks,

I�ve lurked on & off for a few months while waiting for my 3rd grade DD�s SB-V scores to come in. To update, she was screened for her school�s gifted program last year in 2nd grade with OLSAT scores:

SS verbal 144 (99th percentile)
SS nonverbal 122 (91st percentile)
and total 135 (99th percentile � for either age or grade?).

Her SB-V score TOTALS were brought down by 2 very low subset scores, but she did make it into her school�s gifted program with a FSIQ of 126, also with accommodations for classroom if needed (advocated for by me and written in to the GIEP�s SDI section). Regular classroom accommodations include independent pacing, independent study, pre-testing, special activities and the like as determined by her classroom teacher, who is very supportive in general. (the gifted pull-out program is a half day once a week, and seems to work with the classroom teachers).

I suppose my QUESTION is for Dottie, and others who have any input. I feel comfortable enough on the road I�m starting down, but thought that my DD�s FSIQ might not be truly representative, given the two low scores. They are as follows:

Fluid Reasoning:
NV SS=13, %=84 / V SS=15, %=95 / Total=123, %=94
Knowledge:
NV SS=16, %=98 / V SS=17, %=99 / Total T=137, %=99
Quantitative Reasoning:
NV SS=15, %=95 / V SS=11, %=63 / Total=116, %=86
Visual-Spatial Reasoning:
NV SS=12, %=75 / V SS=15, %=95 / Total=120, %=91
Working Memory:
NV SS=11, %=63 / V SS=14, %=91 / Total=115, %=84
Totals:
NV SS=122, %=93 / V SS=127, %=96 / Total (FSIQ)=126, %=96

I don�t see her as HG+ (so maybe now I should switch boards � any suggestions?), but I do think that she may just test better w/ WISC-IV in the future if we need to identify more clearly. I�ve read about ways to interpret WISC scores without using working memory for gifted kids, but haven�t come across similar info on the SB-V. That Non Verbal Working Memory score (63rd percentile) and Verbal Quantitative Reasoning score (63rd percentile) were just SO much lower than their counterparts � is this unusual?

She did have Woodcock Johnson Achievement testing too, which showed several grades above level for most everything (grade 7.8 in Aquired? Knowledge). That helped get her into the program...

Thanks for any input,

OliEli's Mom