Thanks for your insight! Check your Inbox because I put more background info there about how we got to this point.

He has been taking AP tests since 9th grade and back then they approved word processing, because his 504 plan states everything has to be digital. Last year when he took the AP Biology and AP Economics tests he was forced to handwrite multiple graphs because you can't do that with a word processor. He was able to slow down (he had extended time) and make it legible enough that he got a 4 and a 5. The 4 was for economics which had multiple graphs. Biology only had one graph. Who knows if those graphs impacted his score on Economics.

For over a year now I've been trying to get the district to address the situation with assistive technology and put in appropriate requests to the College Board. The district has basically told the poor guidance counselor to figure it out. So she started requesting anything i suggest (asking for things to be trialed with him, but they never trial anything) that might help even though he hasn't been trained and has never used certain AT. In 3 weeks he needs to take the AP Statistics test. She put in a request for Efofex Equation but it should have been Efofex Stat, Efofex graph and MathType (he knows how to use MathType). The College Board approved Efofex Equation and denied MathType and I asked how he's supposed to type graphs with that. Plus Efofex equation wasn't even on his device. So she put in another request to substitute Efofex equation with Mathtype and add Efofex Graph (she was not aware that Efofex Stat even exists). I just got a letter from the College Board where they are now denying ALL AT for math, telling him to use a scribe instead. I have no idea how that would work. He's never used a scribe. Basically the College Board was tired of requests that don't make any sense, I think.

The IEE was approved and I found someone who can assess him for AT. I need to find a psychologist that can do other testing but I am not sure what tests they would use given the handwriting issue. The district did give him a DeCoste Writing protocol whcih showed him writing 7 wpm (keyboarding 42 wpm). But there are no norms. I submitted outsdie PT and OT evals which show him uncoordinated and weak. To top it off he now has cubital tunnel syndrome and possibly dystonia and his hands feel like rocks. Basically the school district acknowledges he has physcial impairments, they just say it doesn't matter because he has good grades, he's in advanced courses, and the accommodations are clearly working for him. He has "equal access to the curriculum." I have no idea how he'd do certain courses like "Art." I'm also worried about things like Chemistry labs and holding chemicals over a Bunsen burner. Right now he's deliberately signed up for courses where he can succeed with accommodations So in their observations he does not look impaired.