Seattle Public Schools shuts down gifted and talented program for being oversaturated with white and Asian students

https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/us-news/seattle-public-schools-shuts-down-gifted-and-talented-program/

I never wanted to start my day talking about politics. (Let alone race.) But after raising two DYS kids I’ve become radicalized (or conservative-ized). You wouldn’t have caught me dead reading the NY Post. I used to read The Guardian. But they’ve come for my kids. Its us vs. them. Gifted issues are like 100 (1000 for DYS) wolves and 1 lamb voting on what’s for dinner. We have to face the elephant in the hallway. Particularly vexing for California residents. The UC won’t even look at SAT scores. The UC has developed structural mechanisms to subvert Prop 209. Several local high schools individually have more NMSF than the entire city of San Francisco, or the entire city of LA proper, yet have trouble getting kids in to any UC. Parents are forced to send their kids far away and pay out of state tuition. I find myself talking with Nan Zhong, Edward Blum, Janice Fiamengo, and Richard Sander, and next Charles Murray and Bill Ackman. And reading substacks from Bari Weiss, James Lindsay, and Rob Henderson. Google any of them and you’ll see why my liberal friends won’t talk to me anymore. The ancient Chinese curse was “May you live in interesting times”. There’s a second one “May you have a gifted child.” The folks in Seattle need to read Facing Reality. All they’ve done is weaken a nation.

Just wanted to sound a wake-up call for the gifted. We’re on our own. Society is not our friend. As I pointed out in this forum years ago, we’re on a collision course with woke.

Last edited by thx1138; 04/03/24 01:34 PM.