Hi Aeh,
First of all, a big thanks for moderating and providing insightful replies to the forum posts. Really appreciate you taking the time to help distraught parents like me support their kids.

We had an intuition for both gifted & ADHD for my son. It probably runs in my husband's family, though most of them are happily un-diagnosed. I wanted to wait till he is 6 years old for formal evaluation. However, the school we are interested in for his first grade required IQ score which prompted the testing. His test taker did confirm that WMI & PSI were relative areas of weakness, not just distraction. I do agree that some of the scores should stabilize a bit as he grows.

I have been reading about WMI & PSI - some things are similar to his profile - he can't follow multiple directions at one go, misses out on social cues. However, he can do multiplication mentally, is quick at Spot-it. IRL concerns involve his unwillingness to go to school (it's gifted-friendly and the teacher is providing him acceleration but it's not project-based). He holds it together in the school but acts out when home. He is always sad. He is social and plays well with friends but not too many. Group activity classes (swimming, soccer, gymnastics) always have been an issue but thrive with private lessons. His K-teacher recommended Occupational therapy recently for handwriting improvement and we have started looking into it.

My main concern for this post was what you put "if there is any delay or deficit in visual tracking, or auditory processing, or something else". What should I be asking psychologists and therapists? Is there anything I can do to diagnose & maybe provide him with appropriate therapy so he is not compensating for them? If there is nothing much I can do at this stage, that's also fine by me.

Thank you for listening to a clueless mother!