DD is going through the application process now. Even getting letters from professors. One mentioned that he was glad she asked early, and even though he has taught her before (this is AP Physics now), he wanted a list of ECs and other stuff since he did not keep track, but she has been a student at the school for 6 years. Where did these kids get their letters? DD said she has to list her ECs on the app, she needed 10. I realized one is knitting. I said that would distinguish her, just the fact that she has knitting. From being a high performance sailor to knitting. I think these kids may have left a bunch of stuff empty. And my kid has been to all continents by the time she was 15 and over 45 countries. Travel isn't on her app. People can put travel if they have been to 5 countries or 50. And I think the majority of kids applying can put travel. But that he mentions it, is weak, as my kid travelled because I made the plans. Did she benefit, yes, but I am the one that made the travel happen.

Last edited by Wren; 09/17/21 06:27 AM.