Originally Posted by st pauli girl
Had to search for this thread after being gone for a week. Fitzi - those notes are hilarious! Keepers for sure.

I have to report that I did find the calvin and hobbes books and read a bit to DS4 last week. This morning, he gets up and says, "where's that calvin and hobbes book? I need to look for some ideas for mischief." (And for the first time ever, I spotted him reading a book by himself - so i'm still weighing the positives and negatives with this one!) And last week at the grocery store, he quoted Calvin while he was sitting in the cart: "Mom, go really fast and then let go!" I can only hope that someday we'll get a note like yours. smile

This is a beaut, Pauli; I love it that he is using 'mischief' at 4! I think we finally hid the books after we caught DS (then 5) wandering towards the coffee table one day carrying a hammer and a handful of nails (in one of the CH cartoons, Calvin pounds a large quantity of nails into the coffee table).

DS's (now 6) latest, BTW, came when we forgot to take him out for a promised pancake breakfast last weekend. When he realized we'd goofed, he told DW in ringing tones "You owe me restitution!" (borrowed from Peanuts' Sally). We rendered restitution the following morning.

Last edited by fitzi; 09/04/08 04:07 PM.