Hello all,

I have a 7.5 yo son. He had some adjustment issues in 4yo preK and we had him tested. The psychologist said he was provisional ADHD because he wasn�t old enough to confirm and also referred us to OT for evaluation of sensory processing disorder, which they did confirm he has. (Later on he still could be ADHD but it isn�t as prevalent now). She also did the WPPSI. She noted after the testing that he was doing puzzles that much older kids weren�t able to do but also that his working memory and processing speed were just �average� compared to his other scores, which were at high average or high/superior (I don�t remember the wording). His highest score was in fluid reasoning. He scored 130. The other sections were in the 115-120 range. His FSIQ was 121. Despite noting that we have a �very smart boy� she said he wouldn�t qualify for the gifted program at xyz school.
Moving on into school, his first kindergarten NWEA scores had him the 98th percentiles for math and 92nd for reading. His subsequent tests have him increasing with his last 2-3 scores in the 98th and 99th percentiles. He was 99th in both on his most recent one. On his 1st grade winter math he scored 210 and his score in algebraic reasoning was 220.
He has nearly all of the personality characteristics of a gifted child. He would quality for the public school�s gifted program but his current school doesn�t test for giftedness and doesn�t have a program. I�m not looking to label him gifted for my own esteem but he has some social and personality issues. �Overexcitabilities� you could say. I also feel like he could do more challenging work. Having him identified �officially� as gifted would help all of his traits make sense.
My question is whether his scores as is are sufficient or should I take him to someone who specializes in gifted children for testing? We only have one place in our state. frown

Thank you!