Originally Posted by aquinas
Here's a concrete example for math that could have been adopted in English-language classrooms (other languages might be available; I didn't look.) This is a plug-and-play Singapore Math curriculum that could be used in grade 3-5 distance learning classes. The program is expanding down to grades 1-2 this year.

Aquinas (or anyone else),

Are you aware of other comparable video resources to cover language arts or other subject areas? We've been using Generation Genius at home as a science resource and it's been wonderful. Generation Genius is also going to start offering video math lessons. If I knew of solid curricula (accompanied by video instruction) for language arts and social studies it might shift my calculus on whether it's possible to homeschool the early grades while working. It's not that I want to farm out all the instruction, but it would be nice to be able to have pockets of time where my child could watch something and I could concentrate and then we could meet back up on the lesson afterwards. We've been using the book version of Singapore's Dimensions Math at home and I'm very happy with it. It would be nice if the materials cross-referenced to common core standards for each subject area because I would prefer to ensure she could drop back into a typical classroom in a future year without having gaps in the material everyone else had encountered.