My kiddo and his buddy do CTY . Both are gifted. Honestly, I am not exactly how much they learn (and they, unlike most of the gifted kids here, do not seem to care if they learn much and do not want any "homework" in the summer) but they do have a blast and I do think they learn something. They love it. I like it because it gets my most diffcult and challenging son out of my hair for three weeks, he is not playing video games non-stop for three weeks, he is not pretending to be 'dumb' like he does on a regular basis with his hockey team and in other settings, he is exposed to kiddos form other countries and places and most important - he is learning some independence, i.e., he has to do his wash, he has to get himself up, he has to remember his lanyard and to brush his teeth etc. He has to plan the projects he does with his classmates, etc.

Anyway not sure how much of a help it is but it is the only camp he has wanted to do in the past three years. So I do recommend it - but it is very expensive.

Last edited by Irena; 01/20/20 10:30 AM.