Both my 4yo and 6yo were assessed using WPPSI when they were almost 5, because there's a gifted school in our area that takes applications in the Kindergarten year.

My 6yo's results, two years ago, were not accurate. The FSIQ was not interpretable, but her average index score was 106, which I believe cannot be correct, based on her ability. I dismissed all of the index and subtest scores as not containing useful information.

Now that I see my 4yo's results, I see that he has the same lowest subtest score, in Object Assembly. That makes me wonder if there is some common challenge the two share, and whether there is anything I can do to help them improve in that area.

Here are the 4yo's scores:
* Removed

My 4yo did not meet the termination criterion of 3 wrong answers consecutively for Matrix Reasoning (I didn't ask whether he hit ceilings for WMI subtests). Tester says that he got three wrong in total, no more than one consecutively.

I don't think my 4yo would be interested in doing lots of the tasks on the subtests. The tester really worked hard to engage him. So I think some subtest scores could be low because of his lack of interest, or high because of how hard the tester worked to engage him. Based on what I've seen of his abilities, I suspect his potential may be higher�than the test results indicate.

Here are the 6yo's scores (from age 4):
* Removed

She is very strong at mathematical reasoning, and also very strong verbally. Her strong mathematical reasoning and capacity for abstract thought just don't fit with her score. She performs very poorly when nervous, and I assume that she got nervous during the assessment.

For both of them, object assembly was 9 points (3 SD) lower than their highest subtest scaled score.

Does either of their subtest score patterns raise any red flags? With that much difference between subtest scores, is it possible there's a learning difference, vision problem, visual motor integration problem, etc?

I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Last edited by Kelly55; 11/20/19 02:50 PM.