Hi, Thank you so much for the response! I had heard (possibly incorrectly) that if CPI scores differed significantly from other scores that they could be some form of learning disability. But in practice, I just don't see it with my child. I also did not know that the SS subtest was the last administered. Fatigue could well explain that, as the test was administered with no significant breaks.

I hope I can figure out a path forward with his school. (It is a small private school and the social-emotional component is excellent). I'd like to keep him there but I'm afraid that they are pretty entrenched in thinking that age-peer grouping is best and differentiation within that setting is sufficient. And perhaps it is possible. Classes have only been in session a week, they did give him an above grade level assessment (on a computer, thankfully, so hopefully it is fairly accurate) and so far I've seen a few worksheets, reading materials, and writing assignments that are more tailored to him. But it does seem like a lot for a teacher to keep up with continuously for one child, and I do worry about how he will handle the large portion of the day with whole-class group work, and an ongoing under-estimation of his true range.
Thank you again for your insight. I've already shared his report with our principal, so this certainly provides me with more clarity should these scores come up in our discussion on Friday.