aeh, pinewood, Platypus, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I apologize for the delay in my reply, but I have been quite busy in the intervening months, which is, all things considered, probably for the best.

Two facets of the early testing that I did neglect to mention in my initial post are that I have an Asperger's diagnosis (this has been observed to result in MR/BD/VCI > PSI/PCn/PCm, but is somewhat perplexing considering my high score on Comprehension, which the psychologist considered a probable underestimate due to flippant answers to several items) and that I was taking escitalopram at the time of the evaluation (broad cognitive impairment suggested, e.g. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41386-018-0229-z).

I do recall encountering figural content of the type found on an MR/Raven's test during the second assessment, which might well have been with an instrument akin to the RAPM. Even so, the jump from 12 on the WISC matrices subtest to 148 (about 2.53 standard deviations) is more than a little strange. PCn would also seem to fit more with the FR cluster than VS, which only amplifies the weirdness.

aeh, your hypothesis does appear to fit with which topics in physics have been easier for me to learn. I've had greater difficulty with visualizing complicated scenarios in classical mechanics than with Green's functions or operator algebras in quantum mechanics, for instance. On the other hand, visual proofs (especially for conservation laws and diffusion) are mostly very intuitive. As far as interests go, I'm actually leaning more and more towards biophysics as a potential area of specialization. I took a few upper-level bio courses at one of the two colleges I'm dual-enrolled at this year and really enjoyed them, but I'm not wedded to the idea.

Lastly, how "accurate" would a GAI be in terms of the WISC results? I know that the diverse indices make broad statements about ability suspect and that DYSP/PGR take a high VCI on the WISC-IV (>=145 for DYS, >=160 for PGR) as sufficient evidence of a high LOG, but having *only* the VCI in that range makes it look like an outlier regardless of its g-loading.

"The thing that doesn't fit is the most interesting."
-Richard Feynman