I just thought I'd post another update even if it's been well over a year since I posted her. It's crazy how quickly time has gone by.

My son is a College sophomore who was diagnosed 2E between freshman & sophomore year of H.S. Thanks to this board for a lot of help. He is mostly doing very very well. He is a CS major and a math minor and getting A's in all his math & CS classes. We did a great job and found a school where he could be challenged yet still do well.

His big struggle is still writing. Writing is a source of anxiety for him. He failed a required writing class last spring. He just didn't turn in the work and didn't realize he could drop with a W. (:o) He is retaking it now and so far it's going better although he never went and asked for help at the writing center.

Outside of school he is now a very mature young man. He has worked as a camp counselor at a wilderness camp for the past two summers and just got his contract for this summer. He lives in an on campus apartment with 5 other young men and is looking for off campus place with them for next year. For a kid who had social anxiety 6th-10th grade he has made HUGE strides.

Last edited by bluemagic; 02/15/19 05:19 PM.