Over the years of perusing the CTY course catalogues it strikes me that the Intensive Studies have been trending towards Academic Explorations instead of genuinely offering mind expanding Humanities offerings.

Several key classes from the traditional liberal arts curriculum, examples coming readily to mind being Ancient Greek and Latin have been dropped over the past 5 years. The classes that they offer now seem to fit the left wing brainwashing/searing minds closed approach. Frankly, I am disappointed - I see that the demographics have changed but why not offer Sanskrit which is the progenitor of Ancient Greek as well?

Our DD has always qualified to take Humanities and STEM but even the latter do not seem to interest her- once she has done Organic Chemistry, Genetics and Neuroscience she can see nothing else that wouldn’t be covered in High School. Maybe Engineering stuff but then nothing.

This will basically age her out at 15 - at what age did your kids age out/lose interest in their offerings and what replaced it? Internships, volunteer camps, other (if so, what?)?

I am a natural worrier so thinking a bit ahead...

All suggestions and illustrative experiences welcomed :-)

Become what you are