Originally Posted by ultramarina
I'm bumping this because freshman year isn't going that well. Her program is undoubtedly difficult. Quarter report card had 3 Cs, but semester will be low Bs and some As. I think part of this is not knowing how to study, but also, again, school is very unmotivating for her. I don't think the program is a problem. It seems to be a good program.

She took the PSAT this fall and scored in the 99th percentile for 11th graders (reading higher than math). It looks like a bit of study could bump her into NMSF range.
I am following this post for sure. We have 2 9th grade girls. DD14 is challenged and doing fairly well socially. DD13 has declared, "What does it matter?" when we talk about school. We are in an incredibly academic school, but not a school that caters to DYS types. DD13, like ultramarina's daughter, isn't engaged. She received A's this semester without trying, but I am worried that the attitude will eventually cause the grades to slip. The only thing DD13 seems to care about is her art, and because of block scheduling, there isn't room for art right now (gym class is taking up the elective spot). She spends all her free time drawing at home and creating new languages and fonts. School is absolutely boring for her.