There are few topics involved here.

According to the College Board, for SAT scores - "Official score reports sent to colleges five or more years after a test date are accompanied by a message explaining that they may be less valid predictors of college academic performance than more recent scores."

This doesn't mean they are "invalid" according to CB. However, some individual colleges do require scores within the last 5 years.

SAT tests taken before the summer between 8th and 9th grade are automatically deleted by College Board, so they won't appear on any future test score reporting, unless you request they be retained.

Note - all of the above is SAT only.

For AP tests, College Board says:
If your most recent AP Exam was over four years ago, your AP scores are no longer viewable in our online score reporting system. They have been archived which means that you will only be able to request your scores be sent to a college, university, or scholarship program via mail or fax. Complete the Archived AP Scores Request Form (.pdf/72KB), and mail or fax it with payment to the address or number indicated on the form.

There's nothing about scores no longer being valid, just that they aren't electronically available.

I've also found nothing about AP scores being automatically deleted. It makes sense for SAT tests, but not for AP tests, so I doubt they are expunged from student records.

I'd contact College Board directly before making decisions on any of the info posted here.

Last edited by Cranberry; 12/10/18 08:39 PM.