Some of the greatest sportsmen (and sportswomen, ofcourse!) are what they are because of their superior IQ. To be great at sport, one has to be great at planning, anticipating the next set of moves (sport is a lot like playing chess), reading the opponents, responding to a plethora of inputs simultaneously, analysis of the game etc etc. I am not a sporty person, but, my extremely gifted husband was effortlessly good at sports and for the longest time, it was expected that he might end up playing sports as a career before he switched to a STEM field. So, it is possible that your daughter's giftedness is showing in sports at this time. Giftedness does not mean that a person will present as a nerd or they do not fit in well with a crowd of peers. My son has mastered the art of blending in so well that he actually speaks in a different manner when he is around his peers than when he is at home.
If she loves reading and programming, I think that you should encourage her to program more and do some writing of her own like short stories and poems. After age 12, it is a lot easier to cope with a lack of gifted programming in schools because of the availability of outside resources like online classes, internet resources etc. For programming, she can easily work on her own project in her spare time and most programming languages have support groups, tutorials, youtube videos, books etc easily available on the internet. Good luck.