I have a friend who's child got into Hunter and struggled with the academics and pulled her out for 9th grade. Did well on the exam and got in, though maybe got lucky because when we had lunch after, DD said something about Pi and she didn't know what Pi was. DD had to test twice and get interviewed with problem solving for her Hunter equivalent in Canada. My friend asked why they had to make it so hard. I was confused since DD's school is accelerated from when they get in 7th grade and the kids generally thrive on the pace. Some kids do fall behind, end up repeating during the summer and some leave for easier high schools. I think putting kids not qualified for the Sty curriculum is just not fair to the them. The pace and the level makes these very smart kids work for the grades. I am a little shocked at the info expected on her science test and the oral test on her dissection. The teacher is a PhD and expects 1st year college from these 9th grade students. You are setting up kids to fail if they cannot work at that level.