aeh: Thanks so much for your reply!

Originally Posted by aeh
First of all, you already have IQ scores that indicate that your child is likely 2e gifted/LD. In order for him to have a full scale in the average range, with visual spatial in the GT range, his other scores have to have been markedly discrepant.

Really? I'm looking at his scores and I don't see anything special, but I know you're an expert on this stuff! Here's the full list of scores:

- Verbal Comprehension: Composite Score 98, percentile rank 45, Average.
Similarities scaled score 11, Vocabulary 8 (anyone that knows my son would find that Vocab score mind bogglingly low.)
- Visual Spatial: Composite Score 132, percentile rank 98, Extremely High
Block Design scaled score 16, Visual Puzzles 15
- Fluid Reasoning: Composite Score 112, percentile rank 79, High Average
Matrix Reasoning scaled score 11; Figure Weights 13
- Working Memory: Composite Score 97, percentile rank 42, Average
Digit Span scaled score 9; Picture Span 10
- Processing Speed: Composite Score 86, percentile rank 18, Low Average
Coding scaled score 10; Symbol Search 5 (In the comments, the tester noted that DS gave up during Symbol Search and just wanted to be finished so he randomly started circling answers without even really looking at the questions.)

FSIQ 108, percentile rank 70, Average.

Hopefully that helps show you what I mean about nothing really standing out except for the Visual Spatial area, and even then, he wasn't scoring 18s or 19s on those subtests.

He had just turned 6 at the time of this test, though, and as you said, he is in a very different place now, behaviorally and developmentally. We'll stay on the BB wait list regardless, but I will be a little bit of a stressball about it until the results come in.