My recently identified PG middle schooler is trying to join the higher math group. He taught himself more than a grade level of math in his spare time over the course of about a month. He complete assessments as required by his school. He sat for an exam today which did not go well. He has little to no test taking experience, high anxiety, and very average processing speed. The proctor (head of his school) basically told him that they were concerned that even if he knew the math that he would not be able to keep up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! So it’s a no basically. It also sounds like his anxiety and pace got the best of him and that the exam did not go well even though he knows the material. I don’t know what to do. I can’t take another year of crying and school avoidance because he is not feeling challenged. But achievement and test results seem to be all that matters. My PG needs to be in a school environment because it is what is required as therapy for his social anxiety. The other complicating factor is that he is in a private, competitive school and I worry that if we leave we won’t get in anywhere. I am so angry at the school and so heartbroken for my kid. I feel like I need some sort of consultant to take a look at my whole kid and advise me on what to do. I am just sick about it all.