New comer here. I have spent the last couple of days using the search feature to answer some questions and try to absorb some information. If someone might have some insight to a couple of questions I have been struggling with I would love to hear from you.

My 7 year old was given the kbit2 assessment at her school to see if she might meet the requirements for further testing for gifted program. She received a 125 score. She was then giving the RIAS-2 by school psychologist and her score from that was a 116. This indicated that she did not meet the requirements. Several parents advised me to seek outside assessment because of their negative experiences with testing with the school district. So a couple of months later we had her tested privately and the psychologist used the KABC-2 assessment. One this test her index score was 158.

I understand that not all test are exactly equal, but I am just so confused about the wide range of index scores. Maybe the random pulling from class and rushed testing at school?

Any insight and/or feedback would be great if you have it.

Thank you.