Originally Posted by indigo
Based on those scores, you might want to consider applying to the Davidson Young Scholars (DYS) program.

You may also wish to read up on advocacy and meeting prep, as you may need or benefit from having that knowledge base for future efforts.

Regarding your earlier posts about possibly appealing the school's decision (to not include your child in the gifted program based on the school's timed test results), what does the program consist of? Would it be a good "fit" for your child?

Hi! I looked into DYS and it seems like a great program. I see that he needs a nominator for it. Should his teacher nominate him?

Thank you for the link to the advocacy thread. I will read through that today.

I did appeal, but I'm not pinning my hopes on it. We are looking at other options now. The school's full-time gifted program is more of acceleration (4th grade curriculum in 3rd grade and so on) than a differenciated learning approach. But they also include a few hands-on activities and there is a focus on STEM, that my son would have loved. The main draw was that he would have been with other kids who he could connect with on an intellectual level and who would challenge and motivate him. He is now more of a class helper. frown