I almost can't believe I am writing this, but both DD14 and DD13 DYS will be graduating from 8th grade in a few weeks. What are some good resources to look at for being smart about one's high school career? While we have chosen to live overseas for awhile, we will all move back to the US after high school so we hope to help the girls make good class choices the next 4 years.

Currently they are finishing up geometry and the basic 8th grade science, LA, and social studies as well as electives. The only classes I know for sure they will take next year are Algebra 2 and an Honors Science of some kind. I am waiting to hear from the college counselor to help us figure out what to do.

By the way, how did you all set up acceleration in high school? DD13 has already skipped one year of school and ended up taking geometry as a 12 year old. She found it a breeze as she did all the other classes in 8th grade. I know one school employee who believes DD could take advanced classes, but I wonder how to approach the principal and college counselor.