my son will be in 5th next school year. We had him in a regular public school k-3rd and have tried a public online/blended program the year.

We experienced a huge growth spurt academically this year. We were able to have our son learn with all grade level restrictions removed - and at his own speed because his school used online programs that placed the kids according to their individual level. Unfortunately the school has decided to add more in building days and conventional instruction with a book based approach next school year.

I am strongly considering homeschooling because I don't want to switch schools for 5th and then again for middle and ... My son has covered so much this year that it would be hard to find a school that could accommodate this growth. I loved having him home, he is an independent learner, very responsible and I love teaching him . He is 4-5 grade levels ahead in most areas so I figure that it would be better to go broad rather than just do advanced curriculum. It is time to just have fun learning and spend some time on the quirky subjects he obsesses over ...
Are there any homeschoolers here? What curriculum do you use? We like ALEKS math but I would like to find some type of online curriculum for language arts that allows us to move on when needed?
I would be grateful for any advice from other gifted homeschoolers.