I probably know at least a dozen individuals who were grade-skipped, early entered, or radically accelerated, not including those who've been homeschooled for most of their education. What I know of their outcomes (and much of the research) align with many of the observations made by PPs. Factors that tend to lend to success:

-female
-taller/more physically mature
-early entry, or otherwise skipping at natural school transitions (e.g., into the first year of middle school, high school, or college; when changing schools)
-balance between instructional and executive function challenge (e.g., the greater the EF demands, the higher the student's achievement level needs to be in comparison to the placement; when instruction is more closely matched to the true ZPD, then EF often needs to be scaffolded).

The vast majority of the persons in the sample referenced above appear to have had net-positive experiences with grade-skipping or its variants, but there were generally trade-offs of varying degree. How one weights the trade-offs is highly individual.

Simplified version of my personal experience (which is actually much more complicated than this): early entered to K, skipped third, ninth, twelfth. Entered uni with a few credits from summer classes from the one summer between high school years, four years younger. But I entered university with a number of close relatives, ahead of me, close behind me, and in my cohort, and access to several proactively supportive communities on campus, which is highly likely to have contributed to my social transition.

My family and friend network includes both males and females with early and late skips. At least a couple of males declined an offered skip, or even reversed a skip, partly for social-emotional maturity reasons, with the declined (late) skip looking like the right decision in retrospect, and the (late) reversed skip not. My PG sib, who didn't skip at all early, made up for it with a multiple-grade late-grade skip split across two years. In the case of learners who need that magnitude of skip, I think the question of whether males/females, taller/shorter, etc. handle the skip better socially becomes much less significant than how urgently the individual requires acceleration for academic reasons (as well as to moderate all of the social-emotional sequelae of catastrophically-poor educational fit).

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...