Originally Posted by smidge
@RRD Thank you, yes, I've read til my head feels like it will burst on the subject! ..some days i am looking at him thinking he is fine! everything will be ok for him.. then something odd happens or we get remarks from neighbours or relatives and i think.. hmm.. thats why I came here to just get some more personal views on the matter..suss out his quirks and whether they could be something worth checking out or are they just him!! Feeling lost on the topic..
From my perspective, I can only tell you that what might look like ASD may in fact only be OEs combined with a certain LOG. With DS8, some people thought he might be on the spectrum. In part, he had a difficult time making eye contact if he was particularly worked up, would be anxious when receiving too much stimulation, seemed to have an extremely difficult time reading any social cues, had some repetitive behaviour, and the like.

Beyond that, I can't offer you anything more than empathy. Hopefully others on this forum (or elsewhere) could help you with advice as to whether an earlier diagnosis would be helpful. Though actually come to think of it... we did end up doing ABA therapy with our DS and it really helped. So diagnosis or not, maybe it would be helpful to provide him some form of assistance with the more challenging behaviours?