My DS7 took a WASI II and was accepted into his school�s gifted program. It is a typical enrichment program, one day per week now, 2nd grade and up 3 hrs\wk. In looking for additional opportunities and activities for him, I have realized that no one accepts this test and that his scores are pretty discrepant:
Viq 109 Piq 139 FSIQ 125
There are no disabilities or vision problems that I�m aware of. He does math, reading, and comprehension way above most of his class but any specifics have not been shared with me if they are known.
I am planning to pay for a WISC and even achievement testing. I want to know as much as I can about my little guy and have as much insight as possible into how he thinks/learns. Pretty sure he�s visual/spatial (naturally I�m not) but I would like a more detailed discussion with someone, in addition to a test that could potentially place my child in certain summer programs in the area that require non-WASI tests.
Different psychologists in the area do either SB,WISC IV,or WISC V. Which do I want for my child? Which achievement test?
Thank you for ANY input! New to this (as a parent).