My question to you would be what you are hoping to accomplish?

They didn't provide the document in the defined time-frame. It sounds like there was a human error and they "scrambled" to react once they found out. What are you going to "go higher" with this for? It's not going to change history. It will likely just create the need on the school's part to be very formal, rigid, and semi-adversarial in future interactions.

They did not get your consent for a meeting. Again, it sounds like they're trying to rapidly respond to the error/time lag. Can you make the meeting? If not, tell them you can't make it and reschedule it. Being able to make the meeting but forcing them to cancel it and send you a formal notice of a future meeting so you can "approve" it - and delaying the meeting, which seems counterproductive to your concern above about delays? That doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm in PA and have worked very effectively with gifted advisers through 2 kids, 5 schools, and 21 student-years. We've worked to form a cooperative, collaborative relationship, even when I was disappointed in some outcomes/activities.

In your shoes, I'd attend the meeting and tell them that I understand the meeting was scheduled late, and ask how the scheduling/notification process will work for future meetings. I'd probably also explain that I understand there was human error in getting to this point, and ask how I can help facilitate the process in the future.

Unless you feel the administration is the adversary and you need to be in that type of relationship moving forward.

Last edited by Cranberry; 03/13/18 03:02 PM.