Feeling a little down - our request to accelerate DD to grade 1 has been rejected. We recently moved to a new area so they obviously know nothing about her, but they feel that there are too many unknowns to move her into the elementary level (grade 1 +). It is a private Montessori school so our request was to skip casa 3 and move straight into their elementary program which just has so much more going on.

I am really disappointed - all this talk about their concerns with her being the youngest student and how she would most likely be happier with children who are her age or younger (!!!!!!) just drove me mad. I purposely didn't provide her IQ test results because I thought just showing her written work and math books would suffice.

All of her closest friends are older and she never has issues befriending kids or keeping up with kids who are older than her. I am worried about how she will do - they reassure me that they will keep her busy and challenged enough but i'm not sure what to think.

Anything i should watch out for this year to make sure she is happy?