We have moved to a new country where my girls just started at a private international school with an American curriculum. The girls were assessed and came out shell shocked at how hard the tests were. I had warned them that they may not get the easy grades they are accustomed to. Both mine cried after the testing, and it was tough. I am glad that they will be more challenged (and my DYS 12 year old certainly needs it).

I think the tricky part is that a percentage of the students come from homes where the parents are very very pushy. These kids go to school during the day and then attend more school until late at night. It's crazy. The parents expect perfection from the kids, and the school is used to these uber high achievers. Our DD13 may get sucked into this mindset, and we need to watch for that. Our DD12 year old I am not sure of. I wonder how this will play out? How will the teachers understand my HG+ kid when they have all these children who work so hard? I went back to a previous question of mine about attending a new school, and I like the answers, but wow - this is a school that is so different than stateside.