So glad to hear that! We definitely set boundaries, but it's hard to say no to more books, no to more questions, and our oldest always tries to negotiate for "just one more" question/book please, please, please. We still say no and stick to it, but there's always a bit of guilt involved. We've had to institute a no questions in the bathroom policy, which is going over about as you'd expect with a blanket no-questions rule with a gifted kid but seriously just get done in the bathroom before you ask about squid. The squid can wait!

We have behavioral strategies, like "put it on your finger" (holding up your finger so we see) when you have a question but someone else is talking. That helps a bit.

We talk about needing time alone. Of course, he tries to use that against us. Also, when it's convenient for him, he'll remind us that "he's still little and needs us." smirk

I love how fast they learn but I sometimes feel like every skill they gain they try to use as a weapon. He's very into super heroes right now and we've been talking about pro-social behavior in that context (and villains who choose to use their powers against people) and how manipulating people is not something heroes do.

Related to that, I sometimes have a hard time balancing the intellect and the maturity. It's hard not to expect too much from this little person. A frequent refrain in our house is "he's 3, he's only 3 and his executive functioning hasn't developed" (whispered to one another with an empathetic arm pat).