Hello,

My son was tested by the school psychologist two years ago, at age 7, for the gifted program. He didn't qualify at that time. Now in 3rd grade, his teacher mentioned that she considered referring him to the gifted program, so we had him re-tested.

While his FSIQ is consistent between the two tests, his performance on the sub tests seems highly varied to me. The report from the school psychologist does not include any comparison/analysis of this test to the original results. Although he isn't gifted based on these tests, I'm hoping someone can help explain the variances between the results. Also worth noting is that the school chose to administer the latest WISC-V immediately following state achievement testing. He wrapped up three consecutive days of state testing before lunch and was given the WISC-V after lunch on the final day. Regardless, DS indicated to me that he enjoyed the WISC-V testing and thought it was fun.

Although he does well in school, with grades in all subjects maintained in the 90's with minimal effort, we feel that he does not work to his potential in most areas. I realize it may just be his personality to do the minimum required to get by, but if there are any indicators in his test results that we should look into, I'd like to do so now before his schoolwork becomes more challenging.

Age 7:
VCI 127 96th percentile
VSI 117 87th
FRI 115 84th
WMI - not administered
PSI 80 9th
FSIQ 111 77th
GAI 120 91st

Age 9:
VCI 124 95th percentile
VSI 108 70th
FRI 103 58th