Originally Posted by HoosierMommy
The other teacher we've been in conversation with is the math curriculum leader for the district. He originally told us DD8 has a good conceptual understanding of 3rd grade math, then a month later told me DD needs to be re-evaluted on 3rd grade concepts to make sure she understands. What?!

BTDT. I typed up a long reply on what the conversation between the Math Curriculum Leader and the Administrator might have been in order to make this person change his mind - and then, because sarcasm, stinging critiques etc might offend forum rules, I deleted it.
Paraphrasing politely, this math curriculum leader will keep stalling for a long time because he has been told to re-evaluate his opinion of your daughter.
Our local school district talks nicely to parents (they are public servants and are obligated to look friendly to me, after all), tests kids and then makes fake promises that they never deliver on. Later, we found out that many parents whose kids did not qualify for gifted services hired lawyers to sue the school district and claimed in the suit that the testing itself could be challenged as it was neither an accurate measure of IQ nor was the testing environment fair. I am told that the outcome was not favorable to the district. So, the district decided to offer "in-class differentiation" based on teacher's observations, which never really worked out for anyone in my child's elementary school (there were 4 PG kids in my son's class). Needless to say, my child is not educated in that system anymore.
You are better off getting outside validation of her math proficiency (Talent Search, competition wins etc) and then re-advocating. After schooling in math is a good option until this is resolved.