You're welcome. smile The idea is to use an approach which shows you are both pleasant and well-informed. Advocacy is generally not as effective if one comes across as unpleasant or uninformed (overly dependent on what the school says, with no other source of information to potentially counter with, if needed).

You may wish to keep a copy of print-outs of the FERPA information found online, and a printed copy of your e-mailed letter in an advocacy ring binder. This keeps everything in one place for ease of reference and follow-up. This also can be used to compare to current information found online at a later date, as laws and webpages may change over time.

Please note that I updated my post upthread with more FERPA links. I believe I was caught in a web update while researching to gather links for the original post, so I resumed again today. One difference in wording which I noticed in the definition of educational records (which may be intended to convey the same meaning, or which may allow for significant latitude in interpretation):
"records that contain information directly related to the student"
v.s.
"records directly related to the student." (e-CFR, 34, 99)