I have decided two things:

One: I'm fighting the process, not the outcome. I am telling them they may well be exactly right, but I can't sign off until the dots and crosses are in place. Strongly worded letter has been sent.

Two: I'm going to actively unschool over the summer, as as much as possible during the rest of the school year. I have some suspicions the teacher did not expect the zero presentation to actually happen (it seems like she's just been saying "well, do a presentation on it" whenever he's derailing from the 7+7 worksheets -- and it was scheduled for yesterday, but she forgot about it until he brought it up at going home time). However: He's already been promised a simple machines presentation, and the teacher suggested he do a math presentation *after* the absolute zero one today. I'm going to just keep encouraging him to do these things, and ignore all other class work.

I'm also going to keep track of his presentations, and use them when I visit the ASD class as a "This is the kind of thing he needs, can you accommodate that?"

DS1: Hon, you already finished your homework
DS2: Quit it with the protesting already!