Peony2, his motivation is acceleration. He wants to go to community college. :gulp: He has a pretty good idea of what that means because I took classes last semester and he did his online schoolwork on campus with me. My teachers let him attend my classes semi-regularly.

This school year he starte with local distrcit's virtual charter school where he was grade skipped to 7th grade - a formality after subject acceleration...in every subject. This got him access to high school classes. He was utterly disappointed in high school classes. Too easy. He quit. I pulled him out to homeschool. He jumped deep into electives and now is attempting AP biology and Algebra 2, plus electives. His motivation is finding depth (novelty?) and starting college. He took college placement test for english last summer and scored in the top 2/3 of incoming students for grammar/comprehension, he bombed the writing part though.

I'm okay with him taking single community college classes as soon as I'm confident it's not throwing money away. If he can handle prepping for AP tests, he can probably handle a college class.

I don't know. He LOVES english and it's his strongest **and weakest** area. Asynchrony is hard. He hates that people hear what math he's in and thinks he is a math savant. Math is his weakest subject and he does not enjoy it. I don't know how to get him over-the-hump in english.

He seems to either not understand the emotional content or ignore it. He also loves opera and I was worried about how much suicide and infidelity is in opera. Totally over his head. :relief: I wonder and worry that learning to "unpack" literature might make the emotional accessible and distressing.

I am reading the well trained mind link and taking notes!!